- There is a need for some hair growth for wax to adhere. We recommend 1/4 inch. That is about 2-3 weeks of growth after shaving.
- Ladies - Your skin is the most sensitive near your menstrual cycle, and waxing can be more painful than normal. An appointment should not be any closer than a couple of days before or after your cycle.
- Exfoliation - While the skin on the face is generally exfoliated enough in terms of waxing, the body needs a little help. An exfoliating body scrub will help rid dead cells around the skin pores and hair follicles, providing an easier exit. Shower and lightly exfoliate your entire bikini area the day before your appointment using warm water.
- Pain - Ibuprofen or Advil can be taken 30-45 minutes before your appointment if you are worried about pain. It will also help with inflammation.
- educe acidity - Smoking, caffeine and alcohol consumption createnacid in our systems. We recommend limiting these activities prior to waxing. Drink a lot of water to hydrate your body and skin.
- Regrowth - Hair growth has different cycles. Sometimes the very first wax may seem to grow some stubble after a few days. It is not the recently waxed hair already growing, but another cycle that was still in the skin during the waxing service. While it is usually a small amount of hair, try to plan for more than one appointment prior to an event or vacation, as during the second appointment, hair cycles are more even and there is less regrowth, resulting in smoother results.